It was a busy, hectic, fun, festive, stressful and relaxing stay at the farm. We took it full circle. The highlight was a 75th birthday celebration for Opi at the farm on July 4. We hosted around 100 guests, had a fabulous dinner, enjoyed a beautiful program with live music and speeches, and many memories were shared. It was wonderful to honor and celebrate the life of a man we all love dearly.
Other highlights from our vacation (and I'll include some not so great moments, because I wanna keep it real):
Eating, Eating and Eating!
Celebrating our 3rd Anniversary with a long drive through the Wisconsin countryside, and enjoying a great meal at a nice restaurant in Wabasha.
Coco having a temperature for 3 days (2 year molars) of course this happened before, during and after the party
Jorg actually taking a vacation and NOT working!!!
Getting less than 5 hours of sleep for 3 days
Watching Coco pick up baby kittens at our Amish friends' farm
Sailing with the kids, my parents and Aunt Sue -- or Suekeeper, according to Coco. (Elliot's first time on the boat!)
Coco refusing to take a nap or go to bed (please tell me this is temporary)
Elliot finally cutting one of his bottom teeth and loving his sweet potatoes, carrots and pears
Campfires
Eating some more!
Walking up to the orchard under a full moon
Watching Coco and her cousins catch fireflies
Playing on the hay bales
Gator rides
Hosting a German gang of relatives and not really understanding a whole lot of what they said :)
All in all, I wouldn't change a thing.
4 comments:
Great photos! Sounds like bliss, I am so glad you had a good vacation, and even happier you are back.
You look so beautiful in the picture with Elliot. Even more than usual.
The picture and memories sound wonderful. It was great to see you yesterday. If Zach is any indication the not sleeping this is probably a phase...
What wonderful pictures. Sounds like you had a great vacation. I love the pics of you with Elliot and the one of Coco steering the boat!
I love the pictures...remind me of your wedding. Glad to hear your vacation went well and my, Coco's hair is absolutely darling!
Post a Comment